With three decades of management experience plus years of teaching, I am perfectly positioned to tackle interim senior roles in the nonprofit sector. I have the knowledge, ability, and personality to rapidly take on a short or medium-term, interim position. I understand that a successful interim placement requires the ability to:
- understand and adapt to an organization’s culture
- gain the confidence of stakeholders, particularly Board and senior staff
- assess and mitigate risks
- maintain staff and volunteer morale
- enable consistency and excellence while also encouraging progress
- preserve and grow the support of funders, donors and corporate partners
- resolve any challenges that could be a burden to the incoming, permanent staff person.